Does Russells argument successfully refute external world skepticism?
Essay specific features
September 6, 2013
No of pages / words:
10 / 2556
Rating of current essay:
The following is a sceptic's argument for infallibility:
1) If you know something, then you can't be wrong about it.
2) You can always be wrong about anything
So, you never know anything
This argument can be interpreted in many ways, I will consider one possible way:
1) If you know p then not possibly ( you believe p and p is false)
2) But it is possible( that you believe p and p is false)
Therefore you don't know p...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Descartes however establishes that there are some things that are indubitable. He re-assesses all his previous beliefs and finally comes to the conclusion that even though many things can be doubted, the fact that he exists cannot be indubitable. He has knowledge of his own mind and nothing can convince him otherwise...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 529 words
2 pages, 317 words
1 pages, 263 words
2 pages, 421 words
1 pages, 237 words
2 pages, 344 words
2 pages, 312 words