Essay heading: Dream of golg
Essay specific features
December 11, 2006
No of pages / words:
6 / 1677
Rating of current essay:
Discovering a scientific explanation for man's dominance of women in human history would not justify humanity reverting to sexism. This is a simple counterexample suggesting that discovering a scientific basis for a trait does not a priori suggest the desirability of its expression in society.
The authors do not free themselves from the naturalistic fallacy of the is-ought distinction...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
We may consider their argument as follows:
1. Humans tend not to murder for convenience because a naturally selected genetic trait tends to make people not murder for convenience.
2. Humans have good reason not to commit murder.
This argument seems strong. Our genetics cause us not to murder for convenience; we later conceive of an ethical code to rationalize this evolutionary preference in terms of objective truth...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 314 words
2 pages, 310 words
2 pages, 537 words
1 pages, 105 words