EDI and Controls
Essay specific features
May 24, 2015
No of pages / words:
5 / 1223
Rating of current essay:
It involves the exchange and transmittal of business documents, such as invoices, purchase orders and shipping notices, in a standard, machine-processable format (CISA, 2008).
EDI is not a new technology. It was first used in transportation and shipping industries in 1970s. However, EDI use has grown significantly in a many business sectors in the past decade...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
However, EDI use has grown significantly in a many business sectors in the past decade. It is not limited to simply sending and receiving various messages but has allowed trading partners to access to each other’s internal records such as sales and inventory information. The use has come into prominence because EDI could provide the following benefits:
• Less paperwork, reduced cost
• Fewer errors during the exchange of information
• Increased speed in information exchange and processing
• Improved trading partner relationships
• Improved intracompany flow of information
On the other hand, although EDI has created a number of changes in the way commerce is conducted and has offered significant opportunities, it also has attracted new threats and potential exposures and increased the seriousness of some existing problems...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
4 pages, 850 words
2 pages, 471 words
2 pages, 443 words
2 pages, 296 words
2 pages, 450 words
2 pages, 462 words
1 pages, 176 words