Essay heading: Pascal's Wager
Essay specific features
December 12, 2000
No of pages / words:
3 / 669
Rating of current essay:
Reason cannot settle which way we should incline, but a consideration of the relevant outcomes supposedly can.
Pascal’s arguments run as follows:
1. Argument from Superdominance: According to this argument, if some acts dominate all others, the solution to our decision problem is to perform a dominating act...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
If God exists, then it is clearly sensible to worship him, since the prospect of eternal life in Heaven (for believers) is preferable to damnation in Hell (for non-believers).
2. Argument from Expectation: An argument from expectation concludes with the advice: Perform an act with the highest expectation...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
3 pages, 669 words
3 pages, 702 words
2 pages, 289 words
2 pages, 386 words
2 pages, 401 words
3 pages, 604 words
2 pages, 369 words