Essay specific features
July 7, 2013
No of pages / words:
5 / 1156
Rating of current essay:
It is in the news that a new Western Regional Office has been proposed at Ahmedabad.
Chandrasekhar Bhaskar Bhave is the sixth chairman of the Securities Market Regulator. Prior to taking charge as Chairman SEBI, he had been the chairman of NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) ushering in paperless securities...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Prior to his stint at NSDL, he had served SEBI as a Senior Executive Director. He is a former Indian Administrative Service officer of the 1975 batch.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
Some of the major powers and functions of the Board are as follows:
• protecting the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market, by such measures as it thinks fit;
• regulating the business in stock exchanges and any other securities markets;
• registering and regulating the working of stock brokers, sub-brokers, share transfer agents, bankers to an issue, trustees of trust deeds, registrars to an issue, merchant bankers, underwriters, portfolio managers, investment advisers and such other intermediaries who may be associated with securities markets in any manner;
• registering and regulating the working of the depositories, custodians of securities, foreign institutional investors, credit rating agencies and such other intermediaries as the Board may, by notification, specify in this behalf;
• registering and regulating the working of venture capital funds and collective investment schemes, including mutual funds; promoting and regulating self-regulatory organizations; prohibiting fraudulent and unfair trade practices relating to securities markets;
• promoting investors' education and training of intermediaries of securities markets;
• prohibiting insider trading in securities;
• regulating substantial acquisition of shares and take-over of companies...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
8 pages, 2094 words
6 pages, 1625 words
5 pages, 1156 words
1 pages, 228 words
2 pages, 347 words
3 pages, 831 words
2 pages, 380 words