The origins of World War One
Essay specific features
July 13, 2016
No of pages / words:
2 / 536
Rating of current essay:
Germany was prepared to launch the First World War in order to become a great power.
2. Germany encouraged Austria-Hungary to start a war with Serbia, and continued to do so, even when it seemed clear that such a war could not be localized.
3. Once the war began, Germany developed a clear set of aims, already discussed before the war, to gain large territorial gains in central and eastern Europe, very similar to Hitler's later craving for Lebensraum (?living space') in eastern Europe
Fischer believes that the First World War was not a preventative war, but that it was planned
and launched by Germany aggressively in order to dominate whole Europe...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Furthermore Fischer sees Bethmann Hollweg in the role of the main constructor of the German policy during the July Crisis in 1914, and also as a central figure in the development of Germany's expansionist goals once the war started.
The Egmont Zechlin thesis
Egmont Zechlin thinks that Bethmann Hollweg took a "calculated risk in July 1914 to gain diplomatic victory, or if it failed, to fight a "defensive preventive war" with nearly no objectives...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 351 words
1 pages, 219 words
1 pages, 272 words
2 pages, 536 words
3 pages, 706 words
2 pages, 438 words
1 pages, 247 words