Use of Wireless handhelds and laptops in high schools and universities
Essay specific features
March 20, 2014
No of pages / words:
3 / 706
Rating of current essay:
Several school districts have announced similar initiatives, either with laptops or handhelds.
This apparent success is the result of the evolution and convergence among several trends:
1) Wireless LANs have become attractive substitutes/ complements to wired LANs
2) Handhelds, widespread in the business world, are entering the education market
3) Current research-backed learning theories stress construction and collaboration
4) It is too early to see hard research, but many initiatives are working on it...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
The report includes a special section on ongoing research.
At the same time, technologies keep evolving with new hardware and software appearing every year.
Wireless Handhelds and laptops are only part of the technology tools available in schools and colleges.
The main uses of Wireless Portable Computers are being:
? "Formal" uses, related to curriculum: a) Word processing and note-taking, b) Infrared beaming for distributing content, c) Probing Outside, d) Assessment and instructional planning (using "Discourse" engine)
? "Informal" uses: a) Recording voice or music, b) Visiting Web sites, c) Personal organization
They are usually not used for Instruction...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 347 words
2 pages, 348 words
2 pages, 434 words
2 pages, 323 words
3 pages, 706 words
2 pages, 385 words
2 pages, 330 words