Apes And Language
Essay specific features
March 11, 2017
No of pages / words:
6 / 1593
Rating of current essay:
Researchers agree that the apes have
acquired fairly large vocabularies in American Sign
Language and in artificial languages, but they have
drawn quite different conclusions in addressing the
1. How spontaneously have apes used language?
2. How creatively have apes used language?
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Can apes create sentences?
4. What are the implications of the ape language
This review of the literature on apes and language focuses
on these four questions.
How Spontaneously Have
Apes Used Language?
In an influential article, Terrace, Petitto,
Sanders, and Bever (1979) argued that the apes in language
experiments were not using language spontaneously
but were merely imitating their trainers, responding to
conscious or unconscious cues...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 401 words
1 pages, 228 words
6 pages, 1593 words
6 pages, 1628 words
7 pages, 1751 words
7 pages, 1909 words
3 pages, 572 words