Essay specific features
April 16, 2011
No of pages / words:
2 / 547
Rating of current essay:
You will learn about the various components and how they work together in a basic operating session. You'll also find out what the future may hold for these machines.
Let's take a look at the main components of a typical desktop computer.
* Central processing unit (CPU) - The microprocessor "brain" of the computer system is called the central processing unit...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Everything that a computer does is overseen by the CPU.
* Memory - This is very fast storage used to hold data. It has to be fast because it connects directly to the microprocessor. There are several specific types of memory in a computer:
o Random-access memory (RAM) - Used to temporarily store information that the computer is currently working with
o Read-only memory (ROM) - A permanent type of memory storage used by the computer for important data that does not change
o Basic input/output system (BIOS) - A type of ROM that is used by the computer to establish basic communication when the computer is first turned on
o Caching - The storing of frequently used data in extremely fast RAM that connects directly to the CPU
o Virtual memory - Space on a hard disk used to temporarily store data and swap it in and out of RAM as needed
# otherboard - This is the main circuit board that all of the other internal components connect to...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 343 words
2 pages, 343 words
2 pages, 552 words
4 pages, 982 words
2 pages, 547 words
2 pages, 302 words
2 pages, 467 words