Essay specific features
May 22, 2012
No of pages / words:
4 / 1023
Rating of current essay:
Indeed, the hardware may be abstracted away completely in the case of a software bus.
The bus topology makes the addition of new devices straightforward. The term used to describe clients is station or workstation in this type of network. Bus network topology uses a broadcast channel which means that all attached stations can hear every transmission and all stations have equal priority in using the network to transmit data...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Bus network topology uses a broadcast channel which means that all attached stations can hear every transmission and all stations have equal priority in using the network to transmit data.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network) The advantages of bus topology are
* Easy to implement and extend
* Requires less cable length than a star topology
* Well suited for temporary or small networks not requiring high speeds(quick setup)
* Cheaper than other topologies
Some of the Disadvantages
* Limited cable length and number of stations...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 399 words
2 pages, 556 words
2 pages, 473 words
2 pages, 390 words
2 pages, 523 words
1 pages, 257 words
3 pages, 747 words