Essay heading: Notes on Vitoria
Essay specific features
March 8, 2007
No of pages / words:
3 / 747
Rating of current essay:
BUT he also mentions that it is impossible for a slave to keep on being a slave if he doesn't have a master. So, if the Amerindians were in fact slaves, then the Spanish would have all the right to govern them?.
BUT! The Amerindians were in undisputed possession of their property before
The Spanish took over: the were their own masters...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
But he argues against all these four:
(1) sinners: he goes on to explain that according to Christian teachings, God granted power to great kings who committed many many petty AND mortal sins. He gave temporal (worldly) goods to both good and bad people.
(2) Unbelievers: he uses Aquinas's teachings to say that it is not permissible to take away dominion from anyone who owns natural law (god-given)...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
3 pages, 652 words
1 pages, 195 words
2 pages, 353 words
1 pages, 231 words
1 pages, 258 words
2 pages, 389 words
2 pages, 560 words