Pricing And Valuation Analysis Of Fixed Rate Mortgages
Essay specific features
June 28, 2015
No of pages / words:
10 / 2702
Rating of current essay:
The analysis included appropriate pricing of the mortgages, structure of the mortgage offerings in relation to handling of discount points, potential liquidation of the mortgages and hedging opportunities.
Key findings that contributed to our recommendations include:
• PFMC could hedge against rising interest rate risk and have the potential to realize gains if interest rates decrease...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Purpose of Analysis
Purpose: The critical questions that need to be addressed in the PMFC portfolio include, but are not limited to:
• Were the mortgages properly priced a year ago?
• Since PMFC is in need of cash, should the mortgages be liquidated?
• If the mortgages should be liquidated, what is the maximum liquidation value or price of the mortgages?
• What is the appropriate mechanism to use to hedge interest rate risk associated with the mortgage investment if they are to be kept in PMFC's portfolio?
To address these issues, several scenarios have been prepared and the relevant information, such as annual percentage rate, effective yield amongst others, was calculated...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
1 pages, 274 words
2 pages, 295 words
10 pages, 2702 words
4 pages, 906 words
2 pages, 331 words
2 pages, 302 words
2 pages, 341 words