SEBI as a regulatory body
Essay specific features
June 6, 2016
No of pages / words:
13 / 3490
Rating of current essay:
In place of Government Control, a statutory and autonomous regulatory board with defined responsibilities, to cover both development & regulation of the market, and independent powers has been set up. Paradoxically this is a positive outcome of the Securities Scam of 1990-91.
The basic objectives of the Board were identified as:
• to protect the interests of investors in securities;
• to promote the development of Securities Market;
• to regulate the securities market and
• for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
The improvements in the securities markets like capitalization requirements, margining, establishment of clearing corporations etc. reduced the risk of credit and also reduced the market.
SEBI has introduced the comprehensive regulatory measures, prescribed registration norms, the eligibility criteria, the code of obligations and the code of conduct for different intermediaries like, bankers to issue, merchant bankers, brokers and sub-brokers, registrars, portfolio managers, credit rating agencies, underwriters and others...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
1 pages, 259 words
1 pages, 137 words
1 pages, 228 words
1 pages, 277 words
2 pages, 310 words
2 pages, 415 words
3 pages, 831 words