Antigone/Creon ?'S To Ponder
Essay specific features
December 7, 2012
No of pages / words:
2 / 543
Rating of current essay:
I have no use for him. Zeus my witness” (Lines 203-5), yet he places his very own pride above the good of the country. Was he unintentionally/unconsciously lying? Even today, are there any leaders who maintain power and righteousness? Or does this level of power always lead to corruption?
4) “A proclamation has forbidden the city to dignify him with burial, mourn him at all” (Line 227-8)
As the new king, Creon celebrates new beginnings, as the past is now behind them, yet insists on getting revenge on Polyniece even after his death by forbidding his burial rites...
displayed 300 characters
Order custom writing paper now!
- Your research paper is written
by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are
- You are able to control the progress
of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an
Get a price guote
Is revenge, under any circumstance, allowable/justifiable? If so, when?
5) The leader of the elders suggests that Polynieces burial could “possibly be the work of the gods” (Line 316) Yet, Creon discredits this suggestion as “Inconceivable” and asks “When did you last see the gods celebrating traitors?” Even in modern day, do political powers, in the US and abroad, see themselves as a shepherd to their people? Do they justify their wrongful actions under the name of god in vain or simply as a means to an end?
6) Contrary to the saying “money is the root of all evil” as Creon would have agreed with, some scholars argue that arrogance is the root of all evil...
displayed next 300 characters
General issues of this essay:
2 pages, 449 words
2 pages, 427 words
2 pages, 444 words
2 pages, 298 words
1 pages, 226 words
2 pages, 494 words
2 pages, 397 words